In 2007 I started working at the Erasmus MC at the department for Livertransplantation. In 2009 I started at the Department for Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy and the Department for Reproductive Medicine as a junior researcher and PhD candidate. In 2014 I also finished a research master in Public Health and a basic training in cognitive behavioral therapy. I obtained my UTQ/BKO in June 2018.
My research interests are mainly focused on cognitive behavioural lifestyle treatment for people with obesity:
- PhD research: Sustainable lifestyle changes in physical activity and eating habits in overweight women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) by cognitive-behavioural therapy and Short Message Service (SMS)
- Centrum Gezond Gewicht (centre for healthy weight)
- Minor Reproductive Medicine: 'The influence of lifestyle: is losing weight really effective?'
- Minor Medical Psychology: The basics of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in a medical setting.
Selected international publications in refereed journals
• Results Of A Lifestyle Intervention Involving Healthy Diet, Exercise and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy In Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), JCEM (under review), G. Jiskoot, R. Timman, A. Beerthuizen, A. Dietz de Loos, J.J. van Busschbach, J.S.E. Laven, 2018
• A three-component cognitive behavioural lifestyle program for preconceptional weight-loss in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): a protocol for a randomized controlled trial, Reproductive Health, G. Jiskoot, S. Benneheij, A. Beerthuizen, J.E. de Niet, C. de Klerk, R. Timman, J.J van Busschbach, JSE Laven, 2017
• Obesitas en zwangerschap, een handboek voor de zorgverleners (H6: preconceptie zorg bij obesitas), Bogaerts Annick & de Vlieger Roland, 2015
• Effects on body weight of a 1-year three-component lifestyle RCT in obese PCOS women (oral presentation), Gynecological Endocrinology, Florence 2018
• Effects on Body Weight of a 1-Year Three-Component Lifestyle RCT in Obese PCOS Women (poster presentation), SRI, San Diego 2018
• Changes in depression and self-esteem during a lifestyle program for PCOS women (poster presentation), Women’s Health, Washington 2010
• Weight and fertility (oral presentation), European Society of Reproductive Medicine, Londen 2013
• Supporting patients in changing lifestyle (invited speaker), European Society of Reproductive Medicine, Londen 2013
• Boost your fertility (poster presentation), European Society of Reproductive Medicine, Istanbul 2012
• Losing weight, gaining fertility (poster award), European Health Psychology Society, Prague, 2012