Annemerle Beerthuizen, PhD
Lecturer & Researcher
Section Medical Psychology & Psychotherapy - Department of Psychiatry
Erasmus MC: University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
In 2002 I graduated from Maastricht University as a Health Scientist. Since 2007 I am working as a senior researcher and lecturer in communication skills at the Department of Psychiatry, section Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy, of the Erasmus Medical Center.
My goal is to contribute substantially to the well-being of vulnerable pregnant women and the improvement of the health of their offspring, the next generation.
I am a lecturer at the Faculty of Medicine (from the first year until clerkship). Topics of teaching are communication skills, reflection and professional behavior. I am teaching at the faculty of Medicine.
- Boekhorst M, Beerthuizen A, Endendijk JJ, Van Broekhoven K, Van Baar A, Bergink V, Pop V. Different trajectories of depressive symptoms during pregnancy. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2019;248: 139-146.
- Boekhorst MGBM, Beerthuizen A, Endendijk JJ, Van Broekhoven KEM, Van Baar A, Bergink V, Pop V. Psychometric aspects of the Tilburg Pregnancy Distress Scale: data from the HAPPY Study. In press.
- Jiskoot G, Benneheij SH, Beerthuizen A, de Klerk C, Timman R, de Niet JE, Busschbach JJ, Laven, JSE. A three-component cognitive behavioural lifestyle program for preconceptional weight-loss in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): A protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Reprod Health 2017;6;14(1):34.
- Beerthuizen A, Stronks DL, Van ’t Spijker A, Yaksh A, Hanraets BM, Klein J, Huygen FJPM. Demographic and medical parameters in the development of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome type 1 (CRPS1): prospective study on 596 patients with a fracture. Pain 2012;153(6):1187-92.
- Beerthuizen A, Stronks DL, Huygen FJ, Passchier J, Klein J, Spijker AV. The association between psychological factors and the development of complex regional pain syndrome type 1 (CRPS1) – a prospective multicenter study. Eur J Pain 2011 Oct; 15(9):971-5.
- Beerthuizen A, van 't Spijker A, Huygen FJ, Klein J, de Wit R. Is there an association between psychological factors and the Complex Regional Pain Syndrome type 1 (CRPS1) in adults? A systematic review. Pain 2009;145(1-2):52-9.